ADULT Resident cards:
Initial Card is free.
Kentucky Resident Cards:
• Be a resident of Kentucky
(other than Mercer County)
• Show current KY Driver’s License AND a library card from a
reciprocal library, as well as be in good standing with that
library. Staff member will verify the patron’s status by phone
with other library.
Non Resident/Temporary Cards:
This will include out of state library
users that will be in our community for a limited time.
LIMITED CHECKOUT OF BARCODED MATERIALS.
INTERNET USE IS BY “GUEST”
Card will expire after 6 months.
Materials will be limited for
• Audio - 2
Books - 2
• Music - 1
Equipment - 0
• Periodicals - 2
• Reserve - 1
1. Permanent out of state address from government
issued photo ID
2. Local address. Must give street address.
• Only 3 items will be checked out on the day that card
To be eligible to receive a Mercer County Public
Library CHILD card, a child must:
• Be a resident of Mercer County, or other KY county.
• Have an application signed by their parent or legal
• Parent or legal guardian must have identification as
An adult parent or legal guardian MUST be present in the library to
sign for a minor child's card and/or Internet Computer use.
Replacement Cards: $2.00
It is Library policy that patrons must have their Library
card to check out materials including computers. The library cannot look up patron information, including
barcode numbers and PINs. This policy is for the protection of
If a patron does not have a card in hand, a
Replacement Card may be purchased for a $2.00 fee. MCPL will
temporarily hold items to allow patrons to retrieve their cards.