Follow these steps to request any copy of a
title listed in your search results. (For more information about launching
a search and viewing the results, go to
-Each title in your search results list shows summary information about
local availability, system availability, and the current number of hold
requests for the title.
-You can view detailed local and system availability information for any
title in your search results list by clicking Availability.
- Navigate the search results list to the title you want.
- Click Place Request. The request form appears.
- If you want to activate your request at a future time, type the date
in the Activation Date box in the format mm/dd/year (for
example,02/05/2005 for February 5, 2005).
- If you want your request to be active immediately, leave today's
date in the Activation Date box.
- Click Submit Request. Note: Your request may not be successful if
your patron account is blocked or if the requested material does not
circulate. A message is displayed if your request cannot be placed.
- Click X to close the request form and return to the search results.
You can review the status of your requests, and suspend, reactivate, or
cancel them online. For more information, see
"Managing Requested Items".